April 24, 2019
13 Someone in the crowd said to him, “Teacher, tell my brother to divide the inheritance with me.”
14 Jesus replied, “Man, who appointed me a judge or an arbiter between you?” 15 Then he said to them, “Watch out! Be on your guard against all kinds of greed; life does not consist in an abundance of possessions.”
16 And he told them this parable: “The ground of a certain rich man yielded an abundant harvest. 17 He thought to himself, ‘What shall I do? I have no place to store my crops.’
18 “Then he said, ‘This is what I’ll do. I will tear down my barns and build bigger ones, and there I will store my surplus grain. 19 And I’ll say to myself, “You have plenty of grain laid up for many years. Take life easy; eat, drink and be merry.”’
20 “But God said to him, ‘You fool! This very night your life will be demanded from you. Then who will get what you have prepared for yourself?’
21 “This is how it will be with whoever stores up things for themselves but is not rich toward God.”
Father, we praise You for being eternal and for giving us eternal
life. Please help us not to be like the rich fool in the parable who
stored up things for himself but was not rich towards You. Guide
us to give generously and invest in true riches, not the passing
pleasures of money in this life.
Pray for Staff Member: Niki Powers
Below are 9 Ways to Pray for Your Church Leaders, by Chuck Lawless, that you can use as a guide to lift them up.
- Pray that they will keep their eyes on God.
- Pray that they will not take a step apart from God’s leading.
- Pray that they will beware of relying on their own strength.
- Pray that they will be wise in leading God’s people.
- Pray they will weep over the sin of failures of God’s people.
- Pray that they will know when to push away from the crowds to pray.
- Pray that they will walk worthy of their calling.
- Pray they will speak the gospel boldly.
- Pray they will finish well.